Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh Baloney!

Okay, okay, so I haven't updated this sucker for a while now. I kept thinking about how there were so many things I was dying to write about, but then I got distracted and forgot all of them. Awesome blogging, tdawg. And now, faced with filling out yet another health insurance application that I'm already forseeing being rejected, so in the glorious name of procrastination I declare: I blog tonight!

A. This is going to be short because I have to fill out my health insurance application.

B. Also, I potentially have to get up early and sub for another acting camp teacher. I love kids. (Oh right. Sarcasm is more of a vocal thing.)

C. I wrapped filming on the fun indie movie. So fun. So indie. Now I just have to successfully fax them my transportation receipts so I can be refunded $50 in gas. I'm procrastinating faxing too. Okay. Seriously, here's what I learned from fun indie movie: confidence gets me everywhere. I went into this, from my first slightly inebriated audition (one time only thing, fo reals, yo. It totally loosened me up! Who knew I was such a tightass?) to my last night of filming forcing myself to believe I was fantastic. And it caught on! Because I made the concerted effort to be as outgoing, confident, and intelligent as I could be, it made others around me believe it too, and then, lo and behold, I started believing I was outgoing, confident, and intelligent. Otherwise, I couldn't have done it. I think the secret to keep is that I'm a ball of nerves, and I'm most often scared, and rarely at ease. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. Pinky swear.

D. I just watched all of "Band of Brothers" in two days. Greatest miniseries ever. I dreamt about it last night. Everyone was so good. How do you play someone who actually existed? Or still exists? Without taking away their humanity?

D1. Man, if I was in a war, and lived to tell about it, I don't know how I could not be a pacifist
now. I would be PISSED if I faught in WWII, and survived a veteran, and here, 65 years
later, we're still at war. PS I love Donny Wahlberg.

D2. Why is it that men get to act in "Band of Brothers," but when they make a movie about
women, it's "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants?! 2!!!"

E. I don't know why I'm complaining. I'm not. I don't want to. I secretly love Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I just feel like men have movies about living, about experience and journeys, and the majority of movies about women...are about men. Gwyneth Paltrow won an Oscar for a movie about a man. Charlize Theron won an Oscar for a character abused by men, which drives her to kill other men. The movies out right now: The Dark Knight (men killing men who kill the sole woman), Wanted (man trained by sole woman to kill other men), Step Brothers (emotionally stunted men living together), X-Files (crazy man looking for aliens with tag-along sole woman), Mummy 3 (crazy man journeys to center of the earth...oh wait. crazy man kills mummies. sole woman kills mummies and has a grown son, who apparently popped out of her when puberty had just begun) Hellboy (devil man kills other devil men, loves crazy sole woman who sets herself on fire) Hancock (drunk superman flies around. sole woman walks across background) Mamma Mia! (crazy slut mom sleeps with many men, daughter gets confused and has a big wedding in Greece and OF COURSE, can't help bursting into song about those crazy, crazy men) Space Chimps (some stupid man wasted a buttload of money making this shiesty film) AND Wall-E (robot man who loves sole woman with anger problem and giggle like an anime princess saves the universe purely because of the goodness of his little tin man heart). WHAAAAAAAHHHAAAAT?!!

F. Hm. This was supposed to be short. I have to go fill out forms and fax other ones. Now I'm all worked up. PHOOEY!

G. Gah.

No comments: