Sunday, December 21, 2008

Don't Fuck With Muffins


I really hate how muffins have become the new cupcake. I like muffins. Scratch that, I LOVE muffins. But a muffin is no cupcake. Not a cupcake, I say! A muffin should be a delightful bread substitute, often with a delicious swirl of carrots or zucchini, perhaps banana. None of this chocolate chip, frosted fudge whirl. That's dessert shit!

I hate other things. I hate waiting for my free online episodes of Mad Men to buffer. I hate buffering! I hate hangovers. I hate fake girls. I hate salmon. I hate how bad Heroes has gotten.

But I really, really hate the muffin thing! When did this happen? Have they always been a sugary, cuppy cake? At Thanksgiving, I wanted to make carroty wonderful muffins, and my friend said, surprised at my choice for her dinner table, "Muffins? Really?" Yes. Really! REALLY!

You may think I'm ridiculous, but I'm sad at the state this world is in. Muffins are small, muffins are tasty, muffins are without a liner, and muffins are nutritious, depending what you put in them. MUFFINS!

3 comments:

Brian said...

I'm 99% sure that this Hampton Inn I'm staying at will serve corn muffins tomorrow morning. I'll remind myself to wrap one in a napkin and deliver it to you as a New Years present, muffin lady.

Sarah Wray said...

hey there honey muffin... like how i played off that? hehee. it was so nice seeing you over the holidays. hope you are well! love!!!!

Lauren said...

MRUFFINS